Escape the summer heat in Phoenix and celebrate our nation’s birthday with unique Verde Valley and Sedona activities. Sedona and the surrounding areas have a quaint, small town feel that make celebrating this American holiday fun for the entire family.
Top Activities for 4th of July in Sedona & the Verde Valley:
- 4th of July Wet Fest: A great family-friendly event. Cool off in the Sedona community pool, with a Red Rock view, with open swim hours starting at noon, a bouncy house water slide, and food.
- Cottonwood Fireworks: 18th annual Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza on Tuesday July 4th at the Cottonwood Kid’s Park. Pre-show activities start at 4 p.m. with the fireworks starting at 8:45 p.m.
- Verde Canyon Railroad: A treasured celebration of summer, Verde Canyon Railroad’s “Firecracker Express” on July 4th features an All-American Barbecue on the patio prior to the train’s 1:00 p.m. departure and a patriotic visit with a bald eagle during the train ride. A resident of Liberty Wildlife’s educational program, Arizona native “Sonora” is the only train-riding bald eagle in the world. Joining us with volunteer handlers, this magnificent raptor visits each open-air car during the trip for a short educational presentation sharing a close-up glimpse and fantastic photo ops of our nation’s symbol. Verde Canyon Railroad is a proud sponsor of Liberty Wildlife, a Phoenix-based rescue and rehabilitation center that successfully saves thousands of injured creatures each year to be returned to the wild.
- Cliff Castle Casino: Come celebrate the 241st Anniversary of America’s Independence! Tuesday, July 4, 4-9 p.m. for a free family fun picnic at the Stargazer Pavilion. Enjoy free hot dogs, chips & soda (while supplies last), plus activities for kids including inflatables and face painters. The grand finale will be the Fireworks Spectacular starting around 9:15 p.m.
- Orchards Inn: Watch the stars from your balcony and enjoy the quiet. Summer is for relaxing, take advantage of your time away from the day-to-day stresses, order a bottle of wine or a couple signature margaritas, and see where the night takes you.
Celebrate 4th of July in the Verde Valley this year and enjoy cooler temperatures and activities with a small town vibe.