There may be nothing more exhilarating and calming at the same time, than a Sedona hot air balloon excursion!
The thrill of rising higher and higher above the Red Rock landscape and enjoying some of the most scenic views available is met with a soft breeze and quiet serenity. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just looking for a different perspective, a Sedona hot air balloon tour is a unique and memorable way to see the infamous Red Rocks!
Sedona Hot Air Balloon Companies
Red Rock Balloon Adventures
(800) 258-3754 or (928) 284-0040
Red Rock Balloon Adventures offers thrilling hot air balloon rides and boasts large baskets that can accommodate up to 13 people.
What to Expect:
- Flights are at sunrise only
- They fly 7 days a week, weather permitting
- Duration from start to finish is 3-4 hours
- Flight time is 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on winds and the discretion of the pilot
- All passengers must be at least 48″ tall
- Commemorative continental picnic upon landing
- 24 hour cancellation notice is required
Northern Light Balloon Expeditions
(800) 230-6222 or (928) 282-2274
Northern Light Balloon Expeditions is Sedona’s oldest and largest hot air balloon company with an excellent safety record.
What to Expect:
- They use smaller balloons with baskets that hold 6-7 people (although they recently added a 12 passenger balloon)
- The launch area is out by Red Rock State Park (a little further out) but still in Red Rock Country
- Flights ascend up to 2,000 feet above Sedona
- Flights last between 1-1 1/2 hours, based on wind conditions and the discretion of the pilot
- Champagne picnic breakfast following the flight
Tour Cost: $225 per adult and $195 per child. We recommend that balloon reservations be made as far ahead as possible, as they do fill up and there is no guarantee that there will be availability closer to the day. Once you have your reservation, it is required to call the company during a designated window of time the day before for exact pick-up details.